Job Code :
HOBE/House of Blues
Lake Buena Vista Florida US 32830 1490 E Buena Vista Dr
Job Type :
Career Level :
High School or equivalent
Employee Referral Bonus Eligible :
Job Description :
Title: Line Cook
Location: Orlando, FL
Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment (NYSE-LYV) was formed by the merger of Live Nation and Ticketmaster Entertainment. We are the largest live entertainment company in the world, consisting of five businesses: concert promotion and venue operations, sponsorship, ticketing solutions, e-commerce and artist management. We seek to innovate and enhance the live entertainment experience for artists and fans: before, during and after the show. In 2009, Live Nation sold 140 million tickets, promoted 21,000 concerts, partnered with 850 sponsors and averaged 25 million unique monthly users of its e-commerce sites.
HOB Entertainment, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, offers exceptional club venues nationwide. House of Blues Venues provide several genres of live music, from Rock, Hip Hop, Country, Rock en Español, Blues, Jazz, Reggae and Pop. House of Blues venues are also known for their southern-style cuisine, juke-joint inspired atmosphere and the World Famous Gospel Brunch.
House of Blues opened its doors on Thanksgiving Day in 1992, serving its first meal to the local shelters. Since opening, House of Blues has been committed to giving back to the community through the International House of Blues Foundation.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
- Preparation of food items for service in a high volume restaurant
Job Requirements :
- Organize and prioritize preparation of food items
- Prepare food according to standardized recipes
- Ensure proper size and weight of food portions
- Coordinate food preparation with other kitchen staff
- Maintain line of sight/atmosphere control by circulating through work area throughout shift
- Follow standard recipes regarding presentation of food items
- Prepare plate presentation pursuant to standard recipes
- Clean and maintain kitchen equipment and walk-in cooler
- Ensure that kitchen area, including grill, oven, stoves, etc. remain clean and free of hazards during shift
- Keep floor clean and free of food items, trash, or other obstacles
- Maintain House of Blues safety and sanitation standards
- Prepare kitchen equipment and set up station for shift
- Ensure proper rotation of all food items, including the lifting/moving of food bins weighing up to 180 lbs.
- Perform all opening and closing duties
- Sanitation and Safety compliance
- Attitude and teamwork
- Adherence to all House of Blues policies
- Assist other Kitchen as needed
- Opening and Closing duties
- Job Skills/Knowledge/Productivity
- Knowledge of high volume kitchen operations
- Ability to inspect food spoilage and proper rotation
- Kitchen sanitation
- Prep work
- Expediting knowledge
- Skills in use of all kitchen equipment
- Ability to follow standardized recipes and plate presentation
- Ability to maintain the pace of a high volume kitchen
- Proper sanitation knowledge
- Kitchen and restaurant operations
- Attention to detail
- High School Diploma
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- Working environment is fast-paced
- Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing and working on your feet
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 150 lbs.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)